ACTIVITIES: GRAFTING and BUDDING DAYS
|What Happens on Grafting or Budding Days?
Learn techniques for grafting or budding fruit trees
Select suitable rootstocks
Have new trees grafted or budded by WPHO members - apples, peaches, pears etc.
Buy heritage fruit tree scion* wood for home grafting
Buy one-year-old grafted trees
Where and When?
- Next WPHO Budding & Tree Sales Day: Sunday 16th February 2014
10am - 2pm
Werribee Park Heritage Orchard,
Werribee Park, K Road,
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Note -Enter via Gate 2, park in Werribee Park's visitor car-park and walk to Orchard via Formal Gardens. View the map.
Activities for typical Grafting or Budding Days -
* Sausage sizzle
* Tree sales - apple, pear, peach, plum
* Grafting/Budding demonstrations
* Pruning demonstrations
* ...and more!
* Send fruit tree pre-orders to
wph.orchard (at) gmail (dot) com
Other Grafting Days around Melbourne:
- Petty's Orchard:
The first Sunday in August 11am - 3pm
Petty’s Orchard, Homestead Rd,
Templestowe, Vic. 3106, Australia
Next Petty’s Grafting Day: Sunday 4th August 2013
- CERES (Centre for Education & Research in Environmental Strategies):
The Saturday of the weekend following Petty’s Orchard Grafting Day,
11am - 3pm
CERES Nursery, Ceres, Lee St.
Brunswick East, Vic. 3057, Australia
Next CERES Grafting Day: Saturday 10th August 2013
* Scion is pronounced 'SIGH-on'. (Not 'sky-on', 'zion' or 'see-on')